Friday, December 5, 2014

Brené Brown and Wholehearted Living



I am currently reading: The Gifts of Imperfection (Let Go of Who You're Supposed to be and Embrace Who You Are) by Brené Brown.  I am so taken with this book.  A few months ago, I spoke aloud my desire to be brave and say my truth instead of just skirting around not wanting to hurt or offend anyone. I am referring here to authentic truths about what a person wants and doesn't want, not the type of truths that are best not shared, if you know what I mean. Brené Brown deconstructs this form of honest integrity for us in her book Daring Greatly which is going to be my next read.

I am very impressed with this researcher/author's work, her TED talks and even her website. Brown is a seasoned research professor at the University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work. She has spent the past decade studying vulnerability, courage, worthiness, and shame.

My reading circle is meeting Monday night and I can't wait to hear what my friends' take is on this seminal work. 

She has generously created some downloads on the site, check them out! Here is my wish for you!

I give The Gifts of Imperfection a whopping 5 stars out of 5.  It's the best self-help book I have read in a long time.

Stella

No comments:

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...