Thursday, November 28, 2013

Falling Cloudberries by Tessa Kiros




I've just received this beautiful cookbook and I can't wait to try some of the recipes.  I first saw this book in a photo in an ezine and thought that the name was so enchanting I'd have to have a better look.
I went to Abe Books and got my copy for a few dollars.  A few dollars well spent it seems as the drawings are heartwarming and the pictures make me drool.

It has the cutest family tree...


And beautiful food pictures...


And old pictures of family with stories...


And a lot of lip-smacking recipes...

...smoked salmon paté, chickpea, coriander and feta salad, baked quinces with brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts (good for when we are in France, veal loin with mustard, pancetta and cabbage... all made with the freshest ingredients.

This cookbook is a tribute to her multi-cultural background and family.  Great job!  Puts me in a mind to do something with Mom's favorite recipes...

Bonne journée,

Stella

Happy Birthday to Me

My face is on fire as I write this.  Can't go outside for three days because I've had Photodynamic Therapy for pre-cancerous cells o...