Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Here is where we are so far. Bedroom is 90% done. We need to do little weeny picky touch ups, buy tie-backs and get the drapes in place properly and purchase the end-of-the-bed bench. We still need to paint the ensuite but as there is little damage to the walls, we'll get it done in a day or two.
Sunday, July 10, 2016
- Step 2 is washing walls which should be a lot quicker. Should take a couple of hours.
- Step 3 is repairing walls with spakling, then sanding and vacuuming, again.
- Step 4 is applying an undercoat which will help greatly in hiding imperfections.
- Step 5 is taping and laying down newspaper.
- Step 6 is painting the top third of the wall with my chosen color called: Thunder.
- Step 7 is repainting all mouldings and bottom third of the wall with the original color: Cloud White. These are from Benjamin Moore. I bought the top quality paint which I love as it only requires one coat.
- Step 8 is shampooing rugs.
- Step 9 is putting up curtains (after I buy new rods).
- Step 10 is making shams and a throw out of my second duvet cover.
- Step 11 is making up bed, replacing furniture and putting up pictures.
- Step 12 is lightly sanding and painting the ensuite.
Here are my colors :